1. Stop saying unhelpful things like, “I’m a writer. I can’t paint.”
2. Gather your friends and pick a night with Bottles + Brushes (genius biz idea!)
3. Get a bottle of wine ;-), and a plate of colors.
4. Ask your canvas, “What wants to be painted?” Or if that’s weird to you, just pick a picture from their idea book. Personally, I am not inspired to copy what someone else has already done. So I asked my canvas what it wanted, and it told me to blend, blend, blend. Blending colors feels good. I am glad I listened. Eventually, a ball of fire emerged. The painting is not yet complete as the canvas now wants tiny iridescent seed-beads to be glued on top in various places.
5. Give thanks for creativity and community.
Stephanie, Cynamon, Erika and our instructor, Lucas Myers.