In this video I said the Empathic Revolutionary is a cartographer — a map-maker. This is how we approach life in theory and practice:
- Others follow straight paths. We blaze new, curvy ones.
- Others have resumes that “make sense,” and look “respectable”. We have probably burned ours (or very much want to).
- Others flip through magazines or scroll through the blogs of “thought-leaders” to stay current with trends. We decide a horizon is gorgeous, or a writer is good based on the vibrant intelligence inside of us.
We know how to play nicely, (and people are often very attracted to our Light), but we don’t like to be told what to think, how to behave or where to journey.
And because we don’t highly value popularity (in the adolescent, cool-kid sense) we are free — emotionally, psychologically, socially, spiritually free — to live according to Our Own Inner Compass.
So, which way is north?
Just like a plant, the Empathic Revolutionary, grows toward Light. We crave, desire and lean our entire selves toward things that enable our growth. So, in general terms, Light is our True North. How we explore and express that Light will, of course, vary among us. But the heart of what drives us is Light. We seek It in our relationships, hobbies, conversations, books, jobs — in the basic way we make sense of the world and ourselves in it. We seek the wholeness, sanity, warmth, nourishment, ability and luminosity that Light gives. We eat It. Get power from It. And, in our unique ways, give It back.
We are plugged into Source. Not syndicates.
You always have access to unfailing Love and Wisdom. Always. Without fail. If you ever feel differently than that, it’s because:
- You are feeding from something unlit;
- Or, it could be time for you to increase your wattage. You may have reached a point in your journey where you are able to take in greater amounts of Light and, in turn, transmit greater amounts of Light. Absorbing too little, and under-shining both make you feel terrible as a prompt to Up It!
Your map is made while walking your path. You choose your steps by what lights you up. Don’t let the simplicity of this fool ya :-)
If you found this post meaningful or helpful, please share it with others.
I’m trying to get this blog out from under the bushel. Thanks for your help!