* Post 11 in a 30-day experiment
focused on magnetizing essence! *
Have you ever been “stuck” while working on a creative endeavor like a book, a song, a painting, a sculpture, a design, a new product or service, etc.? Did you ever wish you could just open up a can of high-performance inspiration, and get on with creating effortlessly?
By talking directly to The Thing you’re creating. Ask It a few questions in a friendly way. You’ll be fascinated by Its answers.
Seriously. Whether you’re stuck in your idea for a blog, a business or a blues band … pretending that your Creation is a really smart person, and asking It some of these questions will stimulate your inspiration-gland in a way that will probably keep you awake tonight:
- So, Creation-In-The-Making, what’s Your real name?
- Why do You want to exist?
- How do You want to make people feel?
- Who do You want to help or serve?
- How do You want to help or serve them?
- What do You have to say, show or teach?
- How do You want to make life more enjoyable for people?
- How do You want to be remembered?
Only after you’re absolutely enthused and inspired by what you learn from your Creation’s answers, ask It:
- Why did You pick me to bring You into the world?
- What’s the best way for me to bring You into the world?
- What’s the first step for me to take to bring You to life?
- Who else would be interested in helping me bring You forth? (co-creators)
- Who else would be interested in having You once You’re out-and-about? (market)
- What’s Your biggest, wildest possibility?
Talking with my book-in-progress… asking It these questions… did several wonderful and surprising things. It lifted the heaviness and burden that can come with a big project. It repositioned me from “the one doing the work” to “the one translating/conveying/importing the work”. It removed the pressure to be creative and allows me, instead, to merely bring through an idea that wants to be seen, heard and considered.
This is a new creative process and orientation for me. I love its ease, grace and flow. It’s so light and shimmery. I bet it can even be lived.
And for the record, I am counting this technique as one of the many gems I’ve magnetized from doing this amazing experiment.
Would you do me a favor, please? If you start talking to your creative projects, and asking it arousing questions, (or if you have done so all along) please share your experience in the comments below. I’d love to learn how other creators interact with their creations… especially as they’re being made.
Tags: abundance, creating money, creativity, daben, duane packer, energy of money, financial freedom, heart's desire, inspiration, joyful work, life purpose, magnetism, magnetizing essence, muse, orin, right livelihood, sanaya roman